Healthy Weekend Pancakes ” So Yummy” Serves 4
- 280ml of milk (I use oat or almond milk but cows milk could work too)
- 2 eggs or 1 mashed banana(if intolerant to eggs)
- 1 heaped tbsp. tahini (great source of calcium)
- 50gs white spelt flour or gluten free flour
- 100g’s buckwheat flour 1 tbsp. almond or peanut butter
- 1 tsp. honey
- A few pinches of salt (Himalayan or sea salt)
- 1-2 tbsps of Chia seeds
- A handful of fresh or frozen berries (I use raspberries or strawberries as I have a very fussy eater in our home. You could also leave these out and add as an accompaniment later)
- Coconut oil for frying.
Blend all of the ingredients above (except the coconut oil) in a blender or the Nutribullet until smooth approx 20 seconds.
Melt a tsp. of coconut oil in a pan(for each pancake) and coat the surface with the batter(see video).
Cook for approx. 40 seconds till little bubbles appear and then flip over to cook on the other side for another 40 ish seconds.
Remove from pan and serve with some fresh lemon juice and a sprinkle of brown sugar or xylitol(a natural sugar alternative).
Another option would be to e.g pistachios or other chopped nuts and grated dark chocolate to this also. Maple syrup or fruit and yoghurt or homemade nutella is yummy too.
Enjoy 🥞❤🌞 Please note you could store remaining mixture(if any left!!!!) for a day or two in the fridge but may need to add a little extra milk as mixture can thicken a little and is just so yummy again. ❤🌞🌞
Enjoy! Let me know if you made it and loved on facebook!!