It’s Pancake Tuesday tomorrow … so here is a very Simple Healthy Recipe
- 40g of Buckwheat Flour (available in health shop or supermarket)
- 60g of wholemeal spelt flour or gluten free white or brown flour
- 30g of Xylitol or Agave Syrup or brown sugar
- 230ml of coconut milk/almond milk/soya/oat milk
- 1 egg or egg replacer if you can’t have egg
- 4 tsp. coconut oil/olive oil
Blend all ingredients except the coconut oil in a blender till smooth.
Melt a tsp. oil on pan and make sure it covers the whole frying pan
Spoon 1/4 of batter into pan and spread evenly around base.
Cook for about 40 seconds on one side until you see little bubbles appear and then turn to other side and cook for another 40 seconds until pale and golden.
Serve with some freshly squeezed lemon and xylitol (my favourite !!) or fresh fruit (frozen berries stewed with a little ginger, cinnamon and a little xylitol) or some grated dark chocolate and chopped nuts over them all rolled up.
Happy Pancake Tuesday everyone for tomorrow – Enjoy !!!!