Simple Nourishing Nutritious Soup Recipe and Ingredients
Serves 6 approx.
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 1/4 tsp. chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 2.5 cm/1 tsp ginger(peeled if non organic)
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced up
- 2-3 potatoes( cut in bite size pieces)
- 800ml of stock(use bone broth or Vegetable Marigold Bouillon)
- 50g’s fresh nettle leaves (I don’t use stalks n be careful picking nettles as can sting when uncooked)
- Salt +pepper to taste Lemon juice approx.
- Juice 1/2 lemon
Chop up vegetables and set aside.
Add oil to the pan and fry up onion, chili and cumin for 1-2 mins over medium heat.
Add ginger, garlic and potatoes and stir up and cook for a few minutes.
Add in stock and bring to boil and allow vegetables to simmer for 5-8 mins until vegetables are soft.
Blend it all up and season with salt and pepper and a few drops of lemon juice.
Health Benefits: Gout, painful joints and muscles, tendinitis, sprains and strains, eczema, arthritis, gout, anaemia, UTI’s, prostate health, hay fever and insect bites.
Naturally Nourishing Nettles!!
Enjoy! Let me know if you made it and loved it on Facebook!